Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My 'sexy' & 'Hot' body revealed

Why is it that most forms of nudity and body-exposing pictures are seen as degrading or carry a 'filthy' connotation? Why is it that such a beautiful masterpiece, which is the body, carries such a negative connotation when it is exposed and vulnerable for others to see?

The power that lies between the female thighs, is like any other 'superpower'. No superhero has gained strength or authority by revealing themselves and exposing their mysteries. The biggest lie that girls believe, is that exposing their 'sexy', 'hot' and whatever thrilling word used to describe the body, makes them powerful. An even bigger lie would be that taking revealing pictures and/or wearing revealing clothes, has nothing to do with wanting to be wanted.

The attention that girls get from boys could bring a form of satisfaction, having a dopamine effect on the brain. Trust me when I say "It's only temporary and it's definitely not enough to make/keep you happy". To some this might seem silly to speak about or even mention, but it goes deeper than just the physical.

Though these acts, which are now seen as normal and acceptable, do way more harm than they do good. The attention you girls get does not only cause you to lose respect for your body but also plants seeds of lust in these boys. Your body is a temple [1 corinthians 6:19 MSG "...Or didn’t you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit?..."]. Yes, most of us knew this since childhood ages but do we really KNOW this?

I've always said that I respect my body, and indeed I did. That however, didn't make me feel as though my pictures or constant-cleavage was a bad habit. It has been a very long time since I have taken a picture or worn something that could be seen as very revealing, I've grown out of wanting to do that.

This afternoon, around 2pm I realised what it was about respecting my body that wasn't enough.
I had not been looking at myself as more than just a physical being. Respecting my spirit and soul is what makes me feel sacred, and wanting to keep myself covered and 'protected'. It was the fact that I did not realise that those pictures and clothing led boys and men into adultery [Matthew 5:28 " But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart."]. 

I choose to believe that most people would not want to lead others astray. I believe that If you had known the spiritual damage your actions have caused, you wouldn't have did these things or would have chosen not to do this again, as I have. 

Let us evaluate ourselves daily, Let us ask ourselves what the intention behind our actions are and what good or bad they could possibly bring. Remember that God is a merciful, loving and a just God. He only wants what is best for us, so may we want what is best for ourselves and others as well. 

Hope this post brings some clarity, critique and self questioning to someone.

Don't forget to
Keep the faith :)
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful post. It indeed brought some clarity, to see things from this point of view is inspiring. Thank you for the revelation of showing me the things I thought I understood, but turned out I only started understanding now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Tanya! .. I'm sorry for the late reply! See you soon xx

      Delete